1. Breakdown Voltage VCES (V) @Ta = 25?C = 300V
2. IGBT Current Rating IC (A) @Ta = 25?C : 200A
The Toshiba discrete IGBTs are available in high-voltage and high-current ratings. They are used in inverter and?power conversion circuits for such diverse applications as motor drivers, uninterruptible power supply (UPS) systems, IH cookers, plasma display panels (PDPs), strobe flashes and so on.
(1) IGBTs also featuring fast switching
(2) Low collector-emitter saturation voltage even in the large current area
(3) IGBTs featuring a built-in diode with optimal characteristics tailored to specific applications
(4) High input impedance allows voltage drives
(5) Available in a variety of packages
Prior to the development of IGBTs, power MOSFETs were used for power amplifier applications which require high?input impedance and fast switching. However, at high voltages, the on-state resistance rapidly increases as the?breakdown voltage increases. It is thus difficult to improve the conduction loss of power MOSFETs.